7.08.2012

Chirp Chirp

It's been sounding like crickets around the blog recently. It has been some of the busiest months I have experienced, and it seems all of my activities just pounded me for the past month, and I really have been getting more active and out there, so blogging has taken a backseat, but I'm still here!

So, what has happened in the past month? I am not to a point where I am running 22 miles a week, at least, but still doing cross training activities on the off-run days. The most frustrating part is that I have a goal to lose an additional 15-ish pounds before this marathon, and it seems that it is a far cry away. How am I supposed to fuel my body and deprive it at the same time? It's a struggle that I am working on finding a solution to.

I got to attend 3rd Thursday at Road Runner Sports with a couple TNT members. It is a free event, where you run around Atlanta collecting raffle tickets at different designated check points (shops/stores). They raffled off amazing prizes, like Asics shoes, Jelly Belly energy beans, Garmin watches (which are about $300) and gift certificates to their store. I was really lucky and managed to be chosen for one of the shoes they were raffling. I haven't gone in yet to redeem my certificate, but I need to soon as I can get any Asics shoes, fit to me, up to $160!! I couldn't believe I won at first, and I am sure there will be more of these events to be attended.



A BIG accomplishment thus far is that I have raised a little over $600 so far, about 20% of my goal!! I can't even begin to describe my appreciation to those who have been supporting me this early out of the gate. I hope that knowing they are donating to an amazing cause, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, can make them feel truly special about their donations.

One great event was already hosted by Team in Training, the Fado Fundraiser, where my two friends from college, Ali and Amanda, attended. I hadn't seen them in almost a year, so it was a great setting to do some friend catch-up and have a good beer or two.

I also received a number for the Peachtree Road Race. A month ago I thought all was lost, but then one fell into my lap thanks to my Team in Training members. The PRR was the first race I had done sine April, and I forgot how much I love being in events. It was a fun, hot day and I felt really strong even after my run, which to me is a very good sign.


As we were walking back after the race, we even got to meet the 2nd place female, who finished just a second behind #1. I get giddy around these super athletes, and while I was running on Peachtree Street the Tuesday before the race, I ran by a pack of Kenyans waiting to take off. I'm glad they weren't behind me because I am sure they would have wiped past me in half my pace time.

Within the next week or so, I should have KOOZIES to be purchased to help with my fundraising. Please let me know if you are interested - I'll post pictures soon, and will be selling them only for $5 a piece. They may be a little edgy... but they're funny.

And of course, here are some foodie pictures of what I've been eating recently... Mmmm.

Homemade Lemon Bars
Fried Shrimp at Amrit's
Intense "V8", plus a few more veggies
Steamed Golden Beets and Kale


No comments:

Post a Comment